To provide controlled clinical investigation of the underlying causes, progression, prevention and control of aging skin and related disorders; as well as translating basic science innovations into new clinical products, treatments or novel applications in skin care. The McDaniel Institute for Aging Research strives for excellence and efficiency in attending the needs of the research participants, precision in all data collection methods, and innovation through education and research to benefit our subjects and our sponsors from the cosmetics/cosmeceutical, pharmaceutical and laser/light industries.
With over 25 years research experience as a Principal Investigator, as well as recognition as one of the premier laser and anti-aging physicians in the country, Dr. McDaniel remains a sought after industry consultant. Dr. McDaniel and his team have been conducting research studies on lasers and light-based devices from some of the early FDA clearance studies for hair removal, through conducting the study that received the first FDA clearance for a Light Emitting Diode medical device using his pioneering work in the field of low level light photomodulation.
Over the past two decades, Dr. McDaniel and his team members have focus on antioxidants, and new compound testing for the prevention of photodamage and other skin disorders. This testing has included work in cells as well as human subjects on novel new molecules plant stem cells, and a variety of test formulations for companies like L’Oreal, Priori, Elizabeth Arden, Johnson and Johnson, Stiefel/GSK and Allergan. The clinical division continues to reflect Dr. McDaniel’s interest in cosmetic devices by testing prototypes and/or advanced/novel procedures for Fraxel, Thermage, Alma, BTL Industries, Palomar, Cynosure and many others.
- Consulting for all phases of product design, development, laboratory and clinical trials as well as launch and post launch media coverage and media education/presentation.
- All aspects of protocol design/clinical trial development including: IRB document prep and approval process, determination and collection of study appropriate metrics, and conversion of trial results/data to submission to peer reviewed publication(s).
- Digital clinical image capture and analysis,
- Blinded Expert Grader for clincal trials
- In vivo and clinical solar simulator trials
- FDA clinical trials and audit processes
- Histological staining, imaging and analysis
Antioxidants, botanicals, plant stem cells cosmetics/cosmeceuticals, ethnic skin, photoaging, longevity, anti-aging, pigment disorders, wrinkle reduction, and home use light and energy devices.